- This is a multi-role full time position in which you will work in a team environment overseeing the administrative functions of a Window Active Directory environment, and LAN/WAN network infrastructure, ensuring maximum availability of IT resources. The person in this position will analyze, design, test and evaluate network systems, keep abreast of new technologies and make recommendations for long-term growth and stability.
- Reports to: Director of Information Technology
- Windows System administration, proficient with Active Directory and managing global policies, DNS, DHCP, Directory Services, Network File Systems, and management tools.
- VMWare 6.5 / ESXi, vSphere Replication and/or Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Data backup and recovery (Veeam / Azure).
- Efficiency in configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting LAN/WAN (Cisco & Fortinet IWAN/SDN) network infrastructure.
- Efficiency in maintaining WAN site-to-site and client based VPN connections.
- Apple iPad configuration for standalone use and use within MDM(mobile device management) software such as IBM MaaS360
- Linux Server Administration (Ubuntu/CentOS)
- Support and troubleshoot ethernet network infrastructure.
- Assist in the development, testing, and support of the Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Develop and write procedures for installation, use, and troubleshooting of communications hardware and software.
- Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing systems, and make purchase recommendations.
- Participation in on-call rotation and after-hour support availability.
- Willingness to travel within the WAN service area for troubleshooting and resolving remote site issues.
- Able to work independently with excellent attention to detail.
- Ensure security and privacy of data, networks, and computer systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities required of personnel so classified.
The NETWORK/SERVER ADMINISTRATOR shall be required to perform any other duties assigned in order to fulfill the objectives of the Cooperative.
Job Knowledge, Training and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in IT related field of study, or 5 years of related work experience.
- Desirable certifications: Microsoft – MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, MCSE, Cisco – CCNA, VMWare VCA-DCV, VCP5-DCV.
- Hands on experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows Server Administration (2012/2012R2/2016/2019), Windows 10 Administration, VMWare,
- Experience configuring, troubleshooting, Cisco & Fortinet routers, and Cisco switches.
- Experience configuring, supporting firewalls, and remote access (VPN).
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent technical knowledge of desktop operating systems (Microsoft Windows 10).
- Excellent technical knowledge of supporting Microsoft Office (2016-2019, Office 365).
- Knowledge of Office 365 / Azure AD and Microsoft PowerShell scripting is a plus.
Abilities and Skills: Must possess strong problem solving skills. Must have the ability to think logically and to apply good troubleshooting techniques. Must have the ability to be creative in the approach to problem solving. Must possess the ability to translate real-world systems into the context of a relational database model so that the power of the computer can be applied to management of critical processes. Must have good communications skills, both written and oral. Must be self-starter, capable of working independently. Must be able to coordinate efforts with other departments and organizations so as to maximize the efforts of all concerned. Must possess the ability and the desire to engage in the process of continual learning as information systems technologies move ever forward. Must also possess the ability and the desire to teach and to share knowledge and experience with others.
Physical Effort: Able to sit, walk, stand, stoop, move equipment, crawl in tight spaces and other physical demands as necessary.
Working Conditions: Work in office setting primarily but with some exposure to outside as needed.
After an offer of employment has been made, a physical is required which will include both drug and alcohol testing. The employee is then subject to periodic, random drug and alcohol tests.
Interested parties should download an Employment Application here. Completed Employment Applications may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to : Bowie Cass Electric Cooperative, ATTN: Sharon Cook, P.O. Box 47, Douglassville, TX 75560.